Vertified IDEA Health & Fitness Professional Member
Contact Form & Tell me if you want a free subscription to my monthly newsletter
LIKE WHAT I SHARE? BUY ME A COFFEE! :)
Saturday, September 13, 2014
7 Supplements: How to Gain Mass for the Skinny Guy
7 Supplements Gain Mass for the Skinny Guy
Share on facebookNutritional Supplements are a way for you to add additional nutritional value to your diet in addition to the regular food that you eat. Supplements are not a substitute for working hard or eating right, but the will help enhance your progress by helping you to work harder and recover quicker. If you are skinny and trying tobuild muscle massandget ripped fast, then you will need to add supplements to your normal diet. This is a list of the supplements that I take to help me build muscle mass and get the most out of my fitness routine.
1. Shakeology- This is the healthiest thing that you can put into your body. Filled with 70 different ingredients it includes vitamins, minerals ,prebiotics, antioxidants, protein and amino-acids. This delicious shake will boost your energy level, help to reduce cravings for processed junk food, lower your cholesterol and reduce your risk for heart attack. Bottom line is that this drink just helps you to feel great and is a fantastic way to improve your overall nutrition.
2.Whey Protein Powder - Protein is the building blocks of our muscle, but it can be difficult to get enough protein in your daily diet. The rule of thumb to build muscle mass is 1.5 - 2 times your weight should be the grams of protein you eat per day. For example, if you weigh 150lbs, so you should eat around 250 - 300 g of protein per day. Using a Whey Protein powder in a smoothie or mixed in your Shakeology will help you to get the protein that you need to build lean muscle fast.
3. P90X Results and Recovery Formula - The Recovery Formula is a drink designed to be taken after you workout. It is scientifically formulated to provide the nutrients needed by your muscles to recover quicker and stronger. After your workout your muscles there is a window of 30-60 minutes where your muscles are primed to absorb nutrients. The P90X Results and Recovery Formula provides the perfect balance of carbs and protein to recover quickly, build muscle fast, and reduce soreness. Plus it tastes amazing - like an orange creamsicle. It is so delicious that it helps me to push through the end of my workout just so that I can get to the drink! You can buy the P90X Results and Recovery Formula from me by following this link.
4. Creatine - This supplement has become a staple for anyone trying to build muscle mass. Creatine is produced naturally in the body and increases production of ATP, an energy source for muscles during brief, explosive periods of activity. Research suggests that creatine may provide some benefit in improving performance in high-intensity, short-duration activities such as weight lifting and sprinting. In Addition, studies have shown an increase in lean muscle mass as creatine helps muscle attract and absorb water. I typically take 2.5 g before my workout and another 2.5 g after my workout.
5. Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) - Our body breaks down proteins into Amino Acids which are used to repair and build muscle. Supplemental BCAAs can be absorbed much quicker into the blood stream and delivered directly to the muscles. BCAAs can be taken during a workout to replenish the Amino Acids that are burned during the workout. The results are improved endurance during your workout, less pain from muscle fatigue, and improved metabolic recovery.
6. Omega 3 - There are numerous benefits of taking Omega 3 Fatty Acids including the promotion of a healthy heart, lower cholesterol, improved immune system, lower blood pressure, and reduce inflammation. In addition recent studies have indicated that Omega 3 can aid in Protein Synthesis, meaning muscle growth. Omega 3 is not only key to build muscle, but is a key component in overall health.
7. Suma Supplement- Super Suma is made from suma root ("Brazilian ginseng") and contains Beachbody's exclusive plant-based enzyme system for enhanced benefits. Use daily to help amp up muscle strength, size, and endurance. It helps enhance testosterone production, contains no risky or untested ingredients, sugars, starches, synthetic materials, yeast, grains, or excipients, is a powerful adaptogen that strengthens the body, supports protein synthesis for faster muscle repair.