Memorial Day Weekend is here and it's time to have some fun in the sun!
Whatever your plans may be this weekend, remember this. This is a lifestyle, not a diet. Choose healthy, use portion control, and keep your eye on the prize and you can't go wrong.
Here are some tips for any given holiday:
1) Limit alcohol to 1 to 2 servings at the most. Make sure to dilute your alcoholic beverage with a bit of water for added reduction of calories
2) Bring a couple of Ziplocks filled with nutritional snacks. Trail mix, nuts, raisins, grapes, protein bars are just some of many great choices.
3) Hold a glass of water in your hand and sip your water a little at a time while mingling or standing around at the appetizer table.
4) Don't fill up on a lot of appetizers. Treat yourself to one or two so you do not feel deprived, but have a limit in mind beforehand. Save your calories for the main course. Do make wise choices and focus on selecting things that are good for you like fruits and veggies.
5) Keep yourself busy. Make it about the people you're seeing. Socialize, mingle, help out in the kitchen, play with children. Make it a feed-your-soul kind of day!
6) Memorial Day Weekend is the perfect time to enjoy SO MANY healthful foods prepared in a summery way! GRILLING TIME IS HERE! Enjoy your favorite veggies on the grill. Brush on some Low-Calorie Marinade or Dressing on them. Have some nice shrimp on the Barbe! Get creative. The trick is to plan ahead and create a dish that you will thoroughly enjoy while still eating healthy at the same time!
7) Keep your exercise appointments with yourself throughout the weekend. This will help to keep you mindful, motivated, and on track. It will also keep your metabolism working efficiently throughout the holiday festivities
8) Make your earlier meals of the day lighter and reserve more calories than usual for the holiday meal
The whole point is to do everything possible to set yourself up to succeed and continue to make progress.
Most importantly, remember that this journey is about progress and not perfection. The key is to make wise choices while not feeling deprived and making it a slice-of-life weekend!
Stay strong, stay the course, and remember that you can do anything you set your minds to!
HAVE A HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND AND TO OUR PAST AND PRESENT HEROES, SOLDIERS, AND FAMILIES, WE REMEMBER, HONOR, AND SALUTE YOU!!!