You probably know that doing some advanced food prep on Sunday is key to having a healthier week. But chances are, you don’t have time to spend an entire day slaving away over a hot stove, whipping up tons of healthy meals for the week ahead. No worries—all is not lost! You can still prep for a slim week by following these easy and less time-consuming tips
1) Portion out the snacks that you’re going to bring to work: True, you could buy snack-size bags of snacks—but everyone knows that they’re way more expensive. The cheaper option: Buy big bags of stuff and put portions in smaller baggies on Sundays. That way, you can bring your “snack packs” to work each day and you won’t be tempted by the bad-for-you stuff in the vending machine.
2) Hard-boil a dozen eggs: Eggs are an ideal breakfast for weight loss, but often, the last thing you want to do slash have time for in the a.m. is egg prep. Hard-boil a bunch on Sunday, and you have zero excuses in the morning. It takes almost no time at all to pop an egg or two in your mouth before you head out the door!
3) Chop your veggies: You know that moment right when you get home from work when you open the fridge and start grabbing whatever’s in sight because you’re starving and need something before you make dinner? Cut-up red peppers, cucumbers, celery, and carrots as a perfect solution to stop you from diving into the chips and dip. Prep them on Sunday so they’re literally right there when you open the fridge after work. Because let’s be honest: You’re going to eat something anyway, so it might as well be healthy.
Here are 10 other things you can do to keep yourself on the weight loss track!
1.Create a healthy eating schedule: plan your meals & times to prevent getting too hungry or tempted to eat things that will take you away from your goals!
2. Eat more fruits and vegetables: Filled with fiber, vitamins and nutrients, it's a great way to stay satisfied
3. Cut empty beverage calories: These calories can add up fast and pack on pounds without you realizing it! Drink lots of water, green tea, and stevia sweetened coffee.
4. Increase fiber intake: Most of us don't get enough, and eating enough fiber will keep you fuller longer and keep your digestive track moving too!!
5. Reduce the undercover calories of dressing and sauces: Another sneaky place where calories add up quickly without a thought. Many sauces and dresses have added sugars, salts and/or chemicals that will effect your waistline!
6. Eat leaner meats: Eating enough protein is also an important way to stay slim. Look for the leanest cuts of beef, chicken, and turkey.
7. Find the right fats and lose the bad fats: The right fats are things like coconut oil, olive oil, avocados, fish oils from fatty fish, like salmon. Fat doesn't make you fat. Yes, you still have to watch how much you're eating, since higher fat foods also have higher amount of calories, so a little can really go a long way in giving you that satisfied feeling and keeping your feeling fuller for longer.
8. Curb sugar and salt cravings: Too much of anything isn't good, but especially sugar. Sugar is one of the biggest reasons why many are overweight today, since sugar is added to just about everything that's processed these days! Salt is not bad, but eating too much will cause you to retain more water and make you look & feel bloated.
9. Stay healthy in social situations: Social situations can be challenging, but making sure you eat a healthy snack before your event, so you're not tempted to dive in to the first thing you see. When you get to an event, be choosy!! Walk around and see what's to offer. Yes, it's okay to have a little treat, but make sure the majority are healthy choices.
10. Exercise: Though nutrition is key to results, you still have to move your body too! Weights and cardiovascular training should be done at least 2-3 times a week, working the whole body.